Sewer pipe compression joint sealers
With the most comprehensive line-up of compression joint sealers, Fernco Donuts are known for creating a strong and lasting joint. Our flexible-PVC rings are an industry staple for the sealing of sewer pipe joints and DWV connections such as sockets, hubs, bells and spigots.
Unlike other manufacturers, Fernco Donuts are available in hundreds of sizes and configurations for use with most brands and types of piping material. Fernco Donuts are called on to seal against infiltration, connect material-to-material or material transitions, and adapt size-to-size or increased sized pipes.
Features and Benefits
- Provide infiltration/exfiltration proof seal for sewer pipe joints
- Eliminates the use of cement or mortar for sewer pipe joints
- Reduces the need for costly and hard-to-obtain fittings
- Seals securely, is resilient, and flexes with ground movements
- Made from strong chemical-resistant elastomeric PVC
- Specially formulated for use as a sewer joint material
- Impervious to soil conditions, sewage, water and gases
- A bearing space supports the spigot and distributes the earth load
- Provides several points of seal overcoming any pipe-surface irregularities
- Available in hundreds of sizes and configurations for use with most brands and types of piping material
- Complies with ASTM D5926, ASTM C1173 and Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
- Donuts can be ordered by giving the size, material and type of connection you want to make. Donuts require specific information on the manufacturer of pipe. Our sales coordinators are trained to assist you.
- Donuts can also be ordered by dimensions. Donuts seal by compression and have much less dimensional range than couplings. The bell, hub or socket dimensions must be given within 1/32" accuracy.
- For plain end pipe connections, use a Fernco Flexible Coupling